Google
Name:

BS Psychology MBA E-Business

Monday, March 31, 2008

Popcorn

On Friday afternoons the elementary school gives the students popcorn. I don’t know why, it may be a fund raiser. Anyway, many of the riders get on the bus with popcorn. I have made it clear that I don’t want them to get into the popcorn on the bus because yours truly has to clean up the mess. As we all know, no one can enjoy popcorn without making a mess. They know they are not to eat popcorn on the bus. Do you think that stops them? Some of them view this as a challenge to see if they can eat it without getting caught. At any rate, there are always a few that I suspect have been eating popcorn and as they get off the bus I ask them. “Have you been eating popcorn?" The ones who answer me honestly I let them off with a mild admonishment along with a request not to do it again. However, there are always a few that don’t admit to eating popcorn and for some reason that upsets me more than the fact that they eat it. I can see it in their teeth as they lie to me about eating it. (Is that called lying through their teeth?) I’m going to have to think about how to address the honesty/trust issue with them. First I will ask myself if the issue is worth taking on. Is it my place to teach the students about honesty and integrity? Perhaps I should get over the popcorn already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home