Google
Name:

BS Psychology MBA E-Business

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Too much excitement

Last Friday I had unusually piqued excitement on the bus. As I was beginning to deliver elementary students to their homes they started jumping around and generally acting as if their hair was on fire. As this behavior was somewhat out of character for these students I was immediately alarmed. “He’s shooting a bb-gun at the bus!” they exclaimed almost in unison. My first reaction was to stop the bus but a second later I determined that being a sitting duck might not be the best thing to do so I kept going. I continued the route through the neighborhood trying to determine the validity of their accusations when they started in again with “he’s shooting at us again!” By this time I felt a little like I was driving through Baghdad. Even though it was reportedly only a bb-gun, it was slightly unnerving. I had the students close all windows and called in for air cover. It was all I could do as the bus is not currently equipped with retaliatory weapon systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home