Google
Name:

BS Psychology MBA E-Business

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sometimes it's the bus driver who's the nincompoop

The term nincompoop is one my late father used to describe someone who demonstrated unusual incompetence. Today I was the nincompoop. Half way through the morning eighth grade/high school route, one of the students yelled from the back of the bus "Can you turn the heat on? It's cold back here!" I was somewhat perplexed because earlier I had turned the heater fans on low which is usually enough to satisfy everyone even on a cold morning. It really wasn't that cold, high 50's. But closely following days in the mid 80's, it probably seemed much colder. So I turned the fans on high. Another student shouted back, "Not the air conditioner!" I mistook that for sarcasm and ignored it. Nothing else was said for the duration of the ride. Later that morning I discovered that I had not turned the valve that circulates hot water through the compartment heaters. So the fans were in fact recirculating cold air, which no doubt felt like air conditioning. I was so embarrased, even though I was the only one on the bus. The students surely must have labeled me a nincumpoop, and rightfully so. Sometimes it is the bus driver who is the problem on the bus.

1 Comments:

Blogger **Big Dumb Animal** said...

It happens to the best of us!

October 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home