Google
Name:

BS Psychology MBA E-Business

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Is it my job?

(continued) The following morning the young man who first claimed the wallet as his then admitted it wasn't, brought the wallet back. He handed it to me as he boarded the bus and said it's all there, go ahead and check it. I told him to hang around after all the other students got off and we would talk. When it was just he and I, he wanted to know if he was in trouble. I proceded to lecture him about integrity, honesty, character, et al. He assurred me that he had learned his lesson and wanted me to appologize for him to the other student, who actually owned the wallet. Perhaps I should have had him do it himself but the logistics of that was somewhat daunting and would have elevated the issue beyond where I desired it to go. When I presented the wallet to the rightful owner, he took it and started to walk off. I said Hey!, as I am wont to do, and he came back to me as I proceeded to tell him that I wanted to see some appreciation for the effort I put into this. He smiled sheepishly and said thank you. Is it my job to teach these students to be honest and grateful? Evidently it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home