Google
Name:

BS Psychology MBA E-Business

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

They're not as dumb as they sometimes look.

I get lots of surprises on the bus, not all bad. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised, like when eighth graders (who keep me very wary, for good cause) say something that is either genuinely amusing or profound. It isn't every day that it happens, as evidenced by the number of times I have written about it. Today was one of those days. And these are not belly busters or statements that will make you ponder for days so don't get your hopes or expectations up too high. Remember, these are eight graders. Two boys were getting off the bus and one had a sucker in his mouth. His friend said, "I don't know why they call them suckers, they should call the ones you get lickers". OK, it doesn't take much to entertain me on the bus, but I thought this was hilarious. This being just two days before fall break, another boy said to me, "I'll bet you are really looking forward to five days off". Not that he was looking forward to it but that he amazingly deducted that the bus driver would be looking forward to it. I would like to meet his parents. They are teaching him well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home